If I can make it there ...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Home-apartment security

There's a story in today's Times about NYC and D.C. getting cheesed off because Homeland Security cut their funding by 40 percent to help boost appropriations to obviously high risk places like Omaha and Louisville.

Maybe Dubya and his minions felt OK cutting New York's budget because they got word that NYC landlords had this terrorism thing under control.
Our lease at 2 Lincoln includes a clause prohibiting us from being terrorists. I'm not kidding. "Neither you nor any other occupant of the apartment is engaging in or supporting, threatening or conspiring to engage in 'terrorism' (yes, it's in quotes) as defined in any federal or state laws, rules, regulations or order ..."

Because, as I snarked to Brett, if I was masterminding a terrorist plot, and I realized Nick might evict me, clearly that would keep me on the right side of the law.
Phone call to Osama: "Blah blah blah 40 virgins in heaven for being a martyr -- do you have any idea what I went through to score an apartment with five closets in New York? Uh-uh, dude. I'm audi. "

1 Comments:

  • Well, now we know where the true power of Homeland Security comes from. It is all those patriotic landlords in New York losing sleep over the heart and minds of their tenants. Dang, here I was thinking New York is such a great market for rental property. I am afraid I like my sleep too much.

    Have you tried taking out your valuation textbook to help you sleep? I swear just the glimpse of the books is enough to send me into a coma. It will probably get better when you can settle in your very own apartment with John. Or, maybe another bottle of yummy red wine....without a bug?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/01/2006 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home