If I can make it there ...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Finally! Pictures!!

For the second time, we came to NYC without the cable that connects the camera to my computer -- but today, hurrah! John sent me the cable and it arrived today, so I can finally share some photos.

Blogger's not so great with showing me how photos and text will work together, or with wrapping text around pics. In Netscape, this should look OK, but in Explorer, you might have some gaps between photos.

First, some pictures of getting ready for New York.

Our garage sale to cast off some of our Midwestern furnishings that won't fit in our New York apartment.

























































Then, some pictures from our going away lunch with my Aunt Glennie, her kids and their spouses -- the group we loosely refer to as "the cousins."






























Me and John with my dad on Dad's 60th birthday -- the night before we left for NYC.










This is us at the airport the day we flew to New York.










Here's my home away from home -- the corporate apartment where I'll live for my first month in the city. After the interior shots is an image of the view off my balcony.














































Here's me and JT on our first full day in town, enjoying an afternoon respite by the water, then having a strategy talk about apartments at the Soda Shop, my fave little hangout in Tribeca.
























Here's me in Central Park on our six-year wedding anniversary, May 13. Right after this, we saw a bride and groom getting their wedding photos taken near the fountain so we went and congratulated a couple that'll share our anniversary.














I've got more, but that's got to be more than enough to bore you for now.
For now, a teaser of the next installment: My First Day at Work

3 Comments:

  • Is it too geeky to say that I am impressed by the name plate on a real office door? In this age of cubicle-land, a real office with a door? I am really impressed. Think of all you are missing back in good old Michigan....Jimmy Hoffa in Milford vs Soda Shop in Tribeca. Okay, give me a few months and I may come up with a better comparison.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2006 8:40 AM  

  • Aw! What a delight to load your page and see my grinning little family right up top. Let me add that the doggy she's clutching there has become primo stuffed animal numero uno. She named it Patchin for no reason we can fathom.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2006 8:35 PM  

  • PS -- And further on the topic of Your Stuff That We Now Own, last weekend Lou wore John's shirt that I picked up at the clothing swap. He looked great in it.

    We have pictures from the garage sale, too, but none seemed to turn out too well. The photo of Kara is the best.

    Lieutenant's lookin' good for 60. All that running must do the trick.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2006 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home