If I can make it there ...

Monday, May 15, 2006

First day

Today I raced through the rain to get to work on time. By the time I got there, my shoes and skirt were soaked and I was a few minutes late. I worried this was not a good start to the day.

To be sure, it was not completely smooth -- first my email account wasn't working, and I still can't access the CRM database -- but I'm still in disbelief at how great it all seems.
I have an office with all wood furniture -- no '60s U-M property disposition filing cabinets -- with windows that look out on the Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden.
I'm one of only three people working with U.S. newspapers, and every time my boss introduced me as a new executive on his team, I got weak kneed.
I'm going to get to work on some really interesting projects that make use of my newsroom background, and maybe one or two that tap some of what I learned at Argus. They feel like things where I'm not just coming in cold, trying to assess the data, and that's exciting.

JT tried to send me flowers at work today, but apparently the florist he picked, which is on the same block as AP, screwed up and never delivered them. Still, since he's not here for my first day, it was a really sweet thing. I'll just imagine that I have flowers in my office.

Oh, and here's the link for 2 Lincoln Center. We're still hoping to get an apartment there, as they have two vacancies at the moment.

1 Comments:

  • A very Mary Tyler Moore start to your big city life. Well done!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2006 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home