If I can make it there ...

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This time, it's for keeps

John and I arrived at my executive housing apartment this afternoon. Since I'm not going back to Ann Arbor, except maybe to sign papers to sell our house, I guess that makes me officially a New Yorker.

The last few weeks have been a total whirlwind -- cleaning out layers and layers of stuff we won't be able to cram into a Manhattan apartment, having a garage sale with mucho help from our fabulous friends, and getting the house squeeky clean for our first showing. Tonight!

Sadly, we brought the camera but not the connector cord, so no pics until I get that resolved.
Instead, a description will have to do: my apartment is on 56th and Broadway, on a floor with a balcony that has a view of the Hudson River. I was on the phone with my dad this afternoon and got drowned out by cruise ship horns blasting out on the water.
My apartment has all kinds of little necessities of life, including brand new pot holders, a measuring cup and measuring spoons ... because lots of execs in temporary housing bake in their spare time?

Tomorrow we start looking at apartments. We'll soon find out exactly what you get for your money in Manhattan.

John and I have got to find some food. What to eat on my first night as a New Yorker?? Dang, we forgot our Zagat guide, so we'll go an old fave, or maybe check something out in our neighborhood on menupages.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home