If I can make it there ...

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Social in the city


If you're looking for a comment on the transit strike, that's the next post down. This one's just the social update.

Here's Sunday night dinner at a cozy little Italian restaurant not far from our apartment -- on the left are John's old roommate Jeff; Chris, an evening MBA alum who now lives just a few blocks from our sublet; Andrea, an Ann Arbor townie who's friends with a coworker and who lives in our 'hood; and Sarah, one of our out of town guests. Across from Sarah is Saejin -- they're both former MBA classmates of mine. Then that's me making a faux-surprised face, and Teebs chowing down on the bread basket.
If you're ever on the upper east, try the sardine pasta at Carino. Super yummy. The spaghetti and meatballs only had two meatballs. OK, so they were bigger than softballs. ;-)

After dinner, we went the Auction House, a cool little bar/lounge about a block from our apartment. It's all candlelight, with red velvet drapes and red velvet couches and an abundance of curvaceous nudes on the walls.

1 Comments:

  • New York City is great. I am in love again. So many interesting people and those fabulous, fabulous restaurants..... Yummm. I probably have eaten more and drank more in the last few days than I had in the last few months. It is worth a little tipping of the bathroom scale in the wrong direction.

    Where else would you see a place like Auction House? It felt rather decadent to be able to sprawl elegantly(how else?) on a red velvet sette underneath the backdrop of a slightly naughty rubenesque nude while my gullet was full of great food and wine. Unfortunately, intelligent conversation may have been optional for me..... All that scrumptious fruity red wine during dinner... Then, I convinced myself Sambuka in the company of romantic candle light while sitting underneath the nude would help me with my overindulgence at dinner. (Don't ask. It made sense at the time.)

    Thanks to Colleen and John for a great introduction to Big Apple. New York City will be poorer without you guys.

    Now, if I can only find a T-shirt that says 'I survived MTA transit strike'...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home