If I can make it there ...

Friday, June 02, 2006

Closing the Michigan chapter

I've just booked tickets to head back to Michigan June 8-13 -- at the end of that, John and I will fly out together and we'll both be New Yorkers.

The movers will show up June 9 to pack for us. Anybody who's talked to me about this move knows I'm squealing with delight about not having to roll coffee cups up into newsprint.
On either June 10 or 12, they'll load whatever we think we can realistically fit into a 700 square foot apartment onto a truck. Estimate is it'll arrive June 15, but I've known enough people who've used movers to expect that John and I might end up on an air mattress for a few nights. Fortunately, my cell phone has an alarm clock and I have most of my survival gear (toiletries, work clothes, etc.) already here.

It looks like we'll have Garage Sale 2.0 on June 10 to get really vicious about clearing out the remaining goods. Stay tuned for details.

And our house passed inspection for the buyer, and I think we're signing all the documents June 13 before we leave town. John wants to get our new cleaning lady -- the goddess who whipped our house into shape for selling, thanks to a referral from Nancy and Laura -- to clean after the movers come. I've always had to do a big cleaning of every new place I moved in to, so that seems optional but obviously nice.

I wonder if I can expect Nick to be cleaning the windows and wiping the walls behind the stove at our new place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home