If I can make it there ...

Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Times is my local paper now

Sunday morning with a cup of coffee, reading the Times (for $3.50, mind you, not five bucks like in A2), and listening to an ipod shuffle of relaxing music, this is the life.

I've got an Observer feature to write this afternoon, and I still owe a short piece for Michigan Today, so I get to play a freelance writer in the city. I wonder how many other wordsmiths are sitting at their laptops all around the island right now? If only I had a cosmo and a sex column half written on a Mac ...

Last night we had a fun night out with Parker's friends Jim and Courtney, including a late-night stop for drinks with John's old roomie Jeff and his sig O Barbara, plus maybe 10 of their friends. Standing around a crowded bar, stepping out of the way of the pool players and chatting with folks, it felt almost homey. Maybe it's not a city of 8 million strangers. Just 7,999, 900?

1 Comments:

  • Glad you have settled in. Sounds like you are enjoying quite a relaxing life. Enjoy those $3.50 Sunday NYTs. I've gone as high as $8 in northern Michigan. Crazy, but I guess thats what we pay for quality and the "experience". So what would your sex column look like? let me know if you guys are free for dinner or a drink on Wednesday night.

    "Nailgun"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/04/2005 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home