If I can make it there ...

Sunday, August 26, 2007

What's for supper?

Anyone else grow up being forced to watch Hee-Haw? (I suppose I didn't actually have to watch the TV just because it was on, but that hardly seemed an option when I was a kid.)
There was this standing skit where someone off screen yelled "Hey Grandpa, what's for supper?" Then this impossibly old (by my 8-year-old standards) guy would describe some southern cooking feast and everyone would say "Yum! Yum!"

So on the count of three, you say "What's for supper?"
I'll wait.

Really.

If it's summer, some likely possibilities at Chez Tebeau are:
Panzanella salad
Tomato pie
Cucumber salad

Basically, we wander out our front door to the farmer's market across the street, see what looks good, and plan our menu around that. Tonight it's green peppers stuffed with rice pilaf, with some roasted root veggies (carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic) on the side.

Yum-yum!

4 Comments:

  • I have a farmer's market right at my doorstep too!

    Tee hee, it's my garden. At this moment, overflowing with tomatoes.

    By Blogger Margaret Yang, at 8/31/2007 2:42 PM  

  • Yum indeed. They sound so good. Maybe I will try tomoto pie tonight Oh...wait, that needs basil. Rabbits got that. Or, perhaps tabbuleh? Ummm.. rabbits ate all the parsley too. Maybe, tomato and cucumber salad? Darn, those chipmunks are running off with my tomatoes again.

    Next year, I should stick to farmer's market or... get an electric fence. I must be feeding all the woodchucks, rabbits, chipmunks and racoons around here. I would like to think on a good day that I have a higher IQ than a chipmunk. It doesn't seem to help though. Ah well, does anybody know a recipe that uses lots of mints, rosemary, sage and chives?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/04/2007 3:09 PM  

  • Hey, it's been over a month. Anything new for supper?

    This warm weather means my garden is still producing. This weekend we ate basil, jalapenos and tomatoes out of the garden.

    By Blogger Margaret Yang, at 10/09/2007 3:09 PM  

  • Zey are all so good you may weep while eating zem!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11/05/2007 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home