If I can make it there ...

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Chippewas in Manhattan

I suppose there's some sort of potentially un-PC pun to make about how Manhattan used to be Indian territory ... but rather than risk offending, I'll just get straight to the point.

Apparently there are something like 1,100 graduates of Central Michigan University -- whose mascot is still, surprisingly, the Chippewa -- living in the New York area. A young grad coordinated a happy hour for those CMU alums and I met some interesting people who all share memories of The Bird, even if some of them are too young to remember when the journalism department was in the basement of Anspach Hall.

1 Comments:

  • Dear Dog, I just rediscovered this blog. I dunno what I wasn't thinking. Sorry I've been such a lame brain. I've no clue about facebook or linkedin, but I'll be here, reading and commenting.

    By Blogger Margaret Yang, at 8/22/2007 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home