If I can make it there ...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

It's not what you know

I'm so excited -- the U-M Entertainment Coalition officers met last night in NYC and they like my idea of doing a media networking event in December. This gives me the perfect reason to pick up the phone and call all kinds of big deal Michigan grads and invite them out for a happy hour. Plus with luck it'll concentrate 30 or 40 people in my industry in one room. I couldn't meet that many people in a month of happy hours if I was just doing one on ones.

UMEC does great things, and beyond the self-serving part of this, I'm delighted to get to help build up the media part of the club. It'll be great if the next media nerd doesn't have to do as much heavy lifting as I did to find people to talk to.

Several of the UMEC folks, including the super wonderful president Dominic, were in town tonight for a networking event hosted by Communications Studies so I'm even more fired up to get involved.

Shameless plug: www.uofmentertainmentcoalition.org

P.S. UMEC is launching a new web site this week. Check it out at http://www.uofmentertainmentcoalition.org/dev/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home