If I can make it there ...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

No, the plane didn't hit our building

I'm much delayed in blogging about the fabulous performance of the Detroit Tigers in the playoffs -- more about that later -- but in the interim, I wanted to reassure all my guardian angels out there that the plane that hit a building in Manhattan today was nowhere near my office or our apartment.

Here's a NY Times story about the plane crash and their locator map:

See how the plane crash is almost as far east as you can get on the island? Our apartment is on the west side of Central Park, on the upper west side. That's a good long haul from where we live. And my office is down in the 30s, about 40 blocks south of there.

So thanks all for checking, but nothing to worry about.

1 Comments:

  • Colleen,

    Glad you're OK.

    I got the link to your blog from Jared at the news service.

    I don't have your email, so I took the risk of breaking some kind of a blog rule to contact you this way.

    My email is elligur@gmail.com

    Say hi to John.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/12/2006 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home