If I can make it there ...

Thursday, May 03, 2007

An Ann Arbor deli getting attention in NYC

It felt like an inside-out experience on my way to work this morning, reading the NY Times business section on the crowded subway, and running across a huge feature about Zingerman's, the iconic deli in Ann Arbor.

Think about it for a second. New York is kinda known for its delis. And yet, I'm reading one of the biggest papers in the country, based in New York, and it's profiling the place where I first learned to like olives. The place where John and I got the goodies for our first New Year's Eve party together. The place my dad's heart almost gave out when he saw the price of a reuben, and then again when he tasted the reuben.

Tonight on gmail, I looked up and saw this: NYT Most E-mailed Articles - Small Business: A Corner Deli With International Appeal

So apparently I wasn't the only one reading that story today.

Here's the link for anyone who somehow hasn't seen it yet.

1 Comments:

  • I know it's heresy to say so, but I have yet to find a New York bagel that tastes better than the ones at Zingerman's. OK, there, I said it.

    By Blogger Mary Jean Babic, at 5/07/2007 3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home